Back To School Playlist
With just a short time until the start of the school year, I figured, “Hey, why not talk about going back to school?” And what better way to talk about the back-to-school season than to talk about music?
Music is like a little safe haven for so many people I know and I (and no, not like that movie with Julianne Hough, which I have not actually seen but have heard some exciting things about). From the moment I finish my shower to the time my first class begins, I am listening to music; so I thought that the perfect way to motivate oneself through the beginning of school would be a fun and inspiring little playlist. My friends and I pretty much just bus and/or walk to school, so I made my playlist approximately 50 minutes long to accommodate those who have longer journeys as well as those with shorter ones. Here’s my playlist:
- It’s Time by Imagine Dragons — This song is just so darn awesome! Especially at the beginning of the day. “It’s time to begin isn’t it?”
- Greased Lightning from Grease — I love how upbeat it is; it really wakes me up in the morning.
- Brick by Boring Brick by Paramore — Again, upbeat, really wakes you up.
- Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas — Ever since I’ve started watching Supernatural, this song just reminds me of some grand finale, because obviously they use it for all of the season finales, and the beginning of something just as glorious, because I usually always had the DVDs for the season after. I put it in this playlist because it is the perfect transitional song to signify the ending of the summertime and the newness of going back to school.
- When I Get You Alone by Robin Thicke — So if you’ve seen this song’s music video, you saw Robin Thicke biking around the streets of New York. Now when I listen to it, I juts kind of speed up what I’m doing because the image of Robin Thicke as a bike courier just really inspires me for some reason.
- Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves — I feel like this song is just perfect for all but the most solemn occasions. It’s really upbeat and positive and I just want to have some sort of dance montage when I hear it.
- Walk This Way by Aerosmith — Okay this is probably no surprise, but I mean Steven Tyler scream/singing “Walk this way” over and over just makes me want to get to my destination as fast as possible. I just instantly find my groove, and I feel cool, like how James Potter and Sirius Black must have felt during their time in school, so I feel like this is essential for back to school.
- Someday We’ll Know by New Radicals — So this is a new favourite song of mine, and I don’t know. Maybe if you study hard enough you could answer one of Gregg’s questions.
- Battle Born by The Killers — This song is just really inspiring and makes me want to continue to do as well as I can.
- Grow by Wake Owl — This song just makes me think of trees and how they never stop growing.
- Back in Black by AC/DC — Obvi, one of the greatest songs of the last century, it just rocks. That is the simplest way to describe it. It’s awesome and who doesn’t like AC/DC?!
So that is my back-to-school playlist. I put it in that order ’cause I think it would go well like that, but it would also be cool shuffled. Feel free to tell me what you think of my playlist and also offer any suggestions.